Your News... In Real-Time!
At Bruce Middle School we've decided to go paperless with our newsletter.
There are two advantages to this:
- The saving of paper is a savings in costs and more importantly another step in our ongoing commitment to sustainability.
- By offering news in this format, we can now provide our community with real-time news as it happens, instead of waiting until the end of the month to send out information.
Want to get regular updates as items are posted? Follow Us On Twitter!
Thursday, 13 April 2017
Here is a music video by Canadian Artists who joined together to support anti-bullying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmmZR6erBFY
Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Wednesday, 5 April 2017
Monday, 3 April 2017
Monday, 20 March 2017
This is a paper survey and will be conducted in period 1 on April 13, 2017. The survey takes approx 30 minutes to complete. Information will be provided to classroom teachers in advance to prepare for survey administration.
Thursday, 2 March 2017
Wednesday, 1 March 2017
Health, Seniors and Active Living
RE: Mumps in Manitoba
What are the signs and symptoms of mumps?
How is mumps spread?
- Those born during or after 1985 are eligible for 2 doses of MMR vaccine;
- Those born between 1970 and 1984 who have not received a vaccine containing measles or mumps or have not had natural measles or mumps infection are eligible for one dose of MMR vaccine;
- Non-immune health care workers, regardless of age, are eligible for 2 doses of MMR vaccine; and,
- Non-immune students born before 1970 are eligible for 1 dose; students born in 1970 or later are eligible for 2 doses of MMR vaccine.
What to do if you think you or your child(ren) have mumps
Monday, 27 February 2017
- Monday- Kaden, Blast 21
- Tuesday- Korbin, Blast 19
- Wednesday- Jersey, Blast 22
- Thursday- Ashley, Blast 24
- Friday- Maya, Blast 24'Guess who loves to read' contest:
- Jake, Blast 23Wear a Word Wednesday Winner:
- ClaireSeflie Book Review Winner:
- RiaBlast Word Challenge Winners:
- Monday- Blast 5
- Thursday- Blast 8Check the following link to play at home https://www.merriam-webster.com/word-games/name-that-thingA big thank you to Mrs. Matthewman for taking the time on Thursday for World Read Aloud Day, and sharing some of her favourite quotes and stories with classes throughout the day!
Wednesday, 22 February 2017
Tuesday, 14 February 2017
- It's not what you do, it's why you do it
- You never know what will happen when you push through in difficult times
- We can make a hunger free world by 2030!
- You have the ability to influence people
- Live a life of significance
- You matter!!